Geoffrey James interviewed what he found the most successful CEOs and found a common pattern, published as the “8 Core Beliefs of Extraordinary Bosses”.
Read the full story here.
1. Business is an ecosystem, not a battlefield.
2. A company is a community, not a machine.
3. Management is service, not control.
4. My employees are my peers, not my children.
5. Motivation comes from vision, not from fear.
6. Change equals growth, not pain.
7. Technology offers empowerment, not automation.
8. Work should be fun, not mere toil.
40% of America’s workforce will be freelancers by 2020
A trend that brings up many questions: How does this link to the new hype around employee engagement? How will our individual motivations change? Will motivations become detached from the company we work for, and replaced by intrinsic motivations of professionals becoming SMEs in their jobs? What about employer branding? What about brand value? What about the impact on society, on social identity of people, social cohesion? – Just asking, where this effort of ultimate flexibility in workforce, labor cost and social benefits is driving us towards to…